St. Finbar's Netball Club has been in action for 30 years. The Netball Club was founded by Ann Ryan.
Why do we exist?
· To promote the game of netball within the St Finbar’s and surrounding parishes
· To encourage school age participants to be involved in a sport, to learn skills associated with netball and to gain fitness
· To give players an understanding of the camaraderie and teamwork associated with being involved in a team
· To train, coach and educate players about the game of netball
· To develop a sense of community
There are currently approximately 250 members ranging from players participating in the skills-based NetSetGo program to those in the Open competition.
We cater for all skill levels. The NetSetGo program caters for children in Grades 2 and 3 while older players in the 11&Under to Open Divisions participate in the Sandringham and District Netball Association competition. This competition is conducted at Thomas St, Hampton on Thursday evenings (for Year 4 teams) or Saturdays, and runs from February to September, excluding school holidays.
The St Finbar's Netball Club operates independently of the St Finbar's Primary School. Although the Club may use the grounds for training, the Netball Club is responsible for all club administration and the behaviour of all players, coaches and spectators during training times. Players generally come to our club from St Finbar's Primary School, St James' Primary School and their respective parishes, although players from other other schools are invited to join the club if team sizes permit.
Covid-safe Netball training
Parents are asked to drop-off and pick-up from netball at the designated zones, all players are to be checked-in at the drop-off zone at the stadium end of the courts. Pick-up only at the carpark end of the courts near court 6.
If you would like to sell your second-hand netball uniform, send us an email with the sizes and your contact details and we will put them on the website so buyers can contact you directly. Follow this link to the Uniform tab: HERE.
Or feel free to donate them to the club.
2021 Netball Season
Registration for the 2021 Netball Season is closing soon. Please contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org with any registration queries.
Key Dates for 2021
Fixture release date: Mon 8th March
(match times will not be known to the club prior to that date)
Season Commencement: 2 short games each week for 3 weeks:
Thursday 11th March - grading round 1 & 2
Saturday 13th March - grading round 1 & 2
Thursday 18th March - grading round 3 & 4
Saturday 20th March - grading round 3 & 4
Thursday 25th March - grading round 5 & 6
Saturday 27th March - grading round 5 & 6
1. To register your child, click on the link below: (Please note: you cannot access the link through the Netball Victoria website):
2. If your child has played netball before you will need your Login ID ( your email address or membership number) and Password. New players will create an account.
3. If you do not know your Login ID or if you are having any difficulties registering, please send an email to email@example.com and we will be touch to assist.
4. Please take the time to fill out the registration page carefully with all your correct contact and preferred email addresses and phone numbers as this is the only contact the club has for all important communication.
For any general netball enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org