CODE OF BEHAVIOUR – PARENT/GUARDIAN
- Fully comply with the Child Safety in Netball Code of Conduct.
- Recognise and respect the value and importance of volunteer administrators, coaches and umpires. Show my appreciation and support and provide assistance when asked.
- Encourage my child to participate in the appropriate netball activity. However if my child is not willing to participate, I will not force them – I know it is their game not mine.
- Teach my child that an honest effort is as important as victory, so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
- Focus upon my child’s effort and performance rather than the overall outcome of the game. This will assist my child in setting realistic goals related to their ability and reduce the emphasis on winning.
- Encourage my child to always play according to the rules and respect officials’ and coaches decisions.
- Respect the role of my child’s coach in making the decisions regarding training methods, team selections and substitutions on game day.
- Support the use of age appropriate development activities and modified rules.
- Refrain from instructing play or criticising any player before, during or after the game. Leave the coaching to the coach.
- Give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort.
- Refrain from negative messages from the sidelines as this can adversely affect the players, coaches and umpires performance and attitude.
- Model good sportsmanship by treating all coaches, officials’ and players of both teams with courtesy and respect. Applaud good play by all players on the court.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.